By: Niki Shadrow Snyder
- NS: Tell us about yourself and what you do? DJ: I am Destin Judy, Public Relations representative for the SoCal Honda Dealers’ Helpful Honda campaign.
- NS: How did you personally move the needle in 2020? DJ: Throughout 2020, “Helpful Honda” teams have traveled across Southern California every week volunteering at non-profits, picking up litter, loading groceries for shoppers, and fulfilling personal requests from residents. Since COVID-19, the “Helpful Honda” people have continued their helpful efforts, volunteering where they were needed most at local food banks and resource distribution centers in Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, Ventura and Riverside Counties. This year, the SoCal Honda Dealers donated thousands of face shields to healthcare workers at local hospitals, delivered meals to seniors, and gifted critical supplies to teachers and students to support remote learning. To help make the holidays a little brighter, they are also hosting free gas events to put money back in peoples’ pockets, and surprising deserving families with dream Christmas gifts they cannot afford due to this challenging economic year.
- NS: How did you deal with the stress in the world in 2020? DJ: The SoCal Honda Dealers adapted quickly to the needs of 2020 by being helpful where it was needed most. Helpful efforts pivoted immediately to assisting food banks, local hospitals, seniors, and families needing a helping hand.
- NS: What did you do in 2020 that you’re most passionate about? DJ: Amid the Covid-19 crisis, the Helpful Honda Dealers donated 20,000 face shields to help keep frontline healthcare workers safe at local hospitals. Working in conjunction with Honda’s U.S. manufacturing operations in Marysville, Ohio, where the face shields were mass produced using plastic injection molding technology ordinarily used in the production of vehicle components, the Helpful Honda Dealers were able to lend a hand in their local communities.
- NS: What was the worst part of 2020 for you? DJ: We always wish we could help even more people.
- NS: What was the best part of 2020 for you? DJ: In a year when help was needed more than ever, the SoCal Honda Dealers are honored to continue spreading so many meaningful “Random Acts of Helpfulness” to so many deserving people and organizations this year.
- NS: What does success mean to you? DJ: Simply, we aim to bring a smile to people’s faces. Being able to spread “Random Acts of Helpfulness” to children, adults, and elders in the community is our core mission.
- NS: What causes are important to you? DJ: “We love helping those who help others,” including food banks, nurses, teachers, animal shelters, fire fighters, hard working moms and dads, and those who do good in the community! We host special events throughout the year to honor those who give back. On our “SoCal Honda Dealers” Facebook page, you will find details about how we’re “Helping the Helpful”.
- NS: Do you think the world right now needs to be influenced by what they can get or what they can give in the middle of this pandemic? DJ: Our motto is “To Be Helpful,”no strings attached. By giving to residents in the smallest and largest of ways, we are able to spread joy and bring a smile to peoples’ faces when they least expect it. It’s our honor to help the residents and organizations across Southern California throughout this challenging year and into the future.
ORDER ISSUE BY CLICKING THE LINK BELOW